Saturday 21 April 2012

A compliment... sort of

Sometimes my friends say nice things to me, and sometimes those nice things are said in a way that well... you tell me how this sounds. "Angela, sometimes I get discouraged because I don't know what to do with my life. Then I look at you and I don't feel so hopeless" It took me a minute before I realised that this was actually not meant to make me sound like an utter failure at life. What she meant was that if I, at 28, have only just figured out that I want to be a massage therapist, it's not so bad that she, at 21, still hasn't figured out what she wants to do. It's a good reminder that it's ok to figure things out a little later than we expect ourselves to. Sometimes I think if I were to take a good look at my life as well, I wouldn't feel so hopeless either.

No comments:

Post a Comment